Would you like to rejuvenate your face and reverse the effects of time and excess sun exposure? A facelift is the best way to restore the youthful appearance of your face. One question frequently asked by people considering facelift surgery is – “How long do facelift results last?”
How long do facelift results last?
The results of a well-done facelift typically last 10 years, but this will vary for each patient. During facelift surgery the skin and under layer of the muscles are tightened, but as the natural aging process continues the muscles will relax again over time. While the results of a facelift won’t last forever, the procedure can help to delay the signs of aging.
Factors that impact how long a facelift lasts
- Skin condition: Patients with healthy skin typically respond better to facelift surgery, and achieve long-lasting outcomes.
- Age: People that get a facelift before the age of 60 generally enjoy the results for a long time.
- Surgeon skill and experience: When a facelift is performed by a skilled, knowledgeable plastic surgeon, the results tend to last longer.
3 Tips that can help your facelift last longer
- Take care of your skin: Using high-quality skin care products will help keep the skin firm and hydrated after a facelift. It’s also important to get professional aesthetic treatments regularly, and wear sunscreen routinely.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking speeds up the aging process.
- Drink lots of water. Water hydrates the skin, and will therefore keep the face looking vibrant and youthful.
Would you like to learn more about facelift surgery? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in the Tucson or Sierra Vista, AZ areas, Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona is our featured practice.
You can reach them at www.dermplasticsaz.com, or by calling 520-207-3100 (Tucson) or 520-458-1787 (Sierra Vista).