The winter weather can be harsh on your skin. The low humidity levels and temperatures make the skin dry and flaky, preventing your skin from looking its best. If you want to keep your skin looking radiant during the cold winter months, then it’s important to follow these expert winter skincare tips.
- Step up your moisturizing program. The winter air strips away the skin’s protective layer, making it susceptible to severe dryness. It’s therefore important to replace the moisture by using a heavy moisturizer that can combat cracked skin, as well as flare ups such as eczema and rosacea.
- Avoid taking long showers. Keep your showers as brief as possible, as the hot water can also dry out the skin. It’s also a good idea to use a moisture rich soap.
- Buy a humidifier. Having a humidifier in your home will help to put back moisture in the air, so that your skin doesn’t dry out.
- Don’t go out without sunscreen. You can still enjoy the outdoors in winter, just be sure to lather on your sunscreen. Many people don’t realize that the sun’s UV rays can be just as dangerous in the winter, so be careful to protect the skin by using an effective sun block. Be sure to choose one with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Don’t neglect your hands. Hands also get dry because of frequent washings, as well as the cold air. Be sure to protect them by wearing gloves, and using heavy hand cream twice a day.
At the Serenity Med Spa in San Francisco, CA, they can give you additional information on these and other expert winter skincare tips for radiant winter skin. Why not give them a call today at (415) 781-9200 and book an appointment with either Dr. Lisa Kang, or Dr. David Kang.